Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yuck, the scale is climbing.

So I seem to weigh 249lbs. That kind of sucks, but I've got a few ideas as to why that could be. I'll put them from most likely to least likely.
  • Ive been sleep walking and eating tons of carb filled goodies.
  • I'm gaining muscle and not fat.
  • I'm doing something wrong and just gaining weight.
  • There's some food I'm eating that secretly high in sugar or carbs and I have no idea what it is.
  • I've been having protein shakes as more of a rule in the mornings than an exception.
  • I'm storing more water because of the new supplement I started.
So the first one really isn't likely. I wear a night guard so i'd notice if it were filled with food particles.  I seriously doubt I put on 2+ pounds of muscle. For as nice of a dream as that would be, I don't think some walks with the puppy and playing a bit of basketball would really do that much. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but along that same vein there could some food I've started eating that has sugar/carbs that I don't notice. After my weight stabilizes or things go back to normal and I hit 2 consecutive days of loss I'm going to spend a whole week making egg breakfasts like I had before and only having the shakes after exercise. 

I'm also thinking that the whole storing water thing is a big possibility because I've been drinking tons more water than I have previously and I haven't been drinking my coffee in the mornings or tea during work. Right now I just can't really pin down anything until I either find something obvious or I stabilize. Because I've got a good bit of correlation: I'm drinking more water. I'm having more protein shakes rather than real breakfasts. I started a new supplement. But no real way to be sure which is the cause just yet. Then I also have a cheat day tomorrow, and I'm not going to treat it any different. 

I also found a basketball court only 1.5 miles from my house so it's super easy to get to. Pretty street but sadly no chain net.

No comments:

Post a Comment