Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stolen From Dom :)

So I'm sure some of you fine folks staring at this page came here from Dom's page. Seeing as I'm a generally lackadaisical blogger so in keeping with that I've largely stolen Dom's most recent post, with her permission.  
So I've personally been doing really really well on this diet. I'm finally at the point where I look pretty OK naked. I've got tons and tons of energy and am getting tons stronger all the time.  Dom and I have started to cook together. Which is great for me as I used to do all the cooking. She likes variety and trying new things while I'm generally too lazy to really try out the new stuff. It's great that she keeps it interesting.  So far I've lost 47 pounds and I'll be posting new pictures after I get a bit more muscle showing.

Here's the recipe for anyone who cares:
Beet soup (from Dom):
Ingredients-
6 medium sized beets
4 tablespoons butter
1 qt. filtered water
Diced chives
Sour cream
Spices, to taste
Cream, to taste


Preparation-
-Peel beets and cut coarsely.
-Saute in deep pot with butter until beets are tender.
-Add quart of water.
-Bring to a boil.
-Simmer for half an hour. Spice as needed.
-Blend. For a thicker soup, use less water. This is also where I added cream.
-Serve with diced chives and a dollop of sour cream.

Kale (Bryce's recipe)
Ingredients-
Kale - Enough to fill 10 in fry pan
2 Tbsp Walnut Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
2 Prunes cut into small pieces
Salt/Pepper
1/4 cup Chopped walnuts
1/32 Teaspoon Pure Stevia Powder (helps kill any lingering bitterness)

Preparation-
-Heat the walnut oil in the pan
-Add in a bit of salt and pepper.
-Promptly add the prune pieces and cranberries
-Once there's a bit of
"sizzle" toss the kale over the oil
-Stir lightly and put a top on.
-Check it about every 3 minutes and once it's nice and wilty give it another stir and add the butter.
-Put the top on for another few minutes.
- Open it back up stir well and then sprinkle with the Pure Stevia Powder.
-Stir a bit more.
-Then stir in the walnuts and serve!

1 comment: