Monday, May 16, 2011

Things I haven't (and won't) give up.

There are quite a few non-primal foods that I haven't given up and at this point I have no plans to. I'm doing great at losing and am making great gains with strength & slimming down. Maybe I'll ditch some or "all" of these later but for now, naaah.

1. Cheat Days (justified a-la "4 hour body" mostly now have just become cheat dinners)
2. Red wine daily (probably 3ish glasses)
3. Spirits (Whiskey,Rum,Tequila) weekly
4. Coffee daily
5. Cheese
6. Beans
7. Protein Shakes (Love my yummy Dymatize Elite Whey to bulk my protein intake up)
8. Peas (semi-contested Mark refers to them as a Super Food and as something to moderate)
9. Rice (only rarely, just with sushi, I justify it via "The Perfect Health Diet")


I'm pretty sure that there are more and I'll add to this list when I get the chance.

Just FYI, If you see me mention a brand it's mostly because I really love it. I'll be making a post that has all the brands and places I purchase at soon which I will keep updated. For instance I used to be 100% netrition.com for my Dymatize and they recently changed their prices so I hunt and usually end up on Amazon.

I'll be picking up The Perfect Health Diet (The PHD) book for my mom because she loves these sorts of books (yes I already got her The Primal Blueprint). I'm currently reading Body By Science on my kindle and will grab The PHD when I finish BBS.

I'll hopefully be expanding this blog into 1, being actually updated and 2 more general self improvement. Like I've been doing simple fit and I regularly watch Al Kavadlo's blog and love his post on "levels" of body weight only exercies.

I'm very big on Price/Performance or "More Bang for Your Buck" so I'll take 10 fish oil capsules a day instead of investing in Grass Fed beef for daily consumption (saved for special occasions). I'll have a protein shake instead of gobbling some turkey (see what I did there, soo clever). I don't want to pay for a gym membership so I look for body weight exercises or equipment I can make on my own. I've been following SimpleFit for a few weeks now and I've been making huge progress. All my pushups are done with my feet 6 inches higher for difficulty. I do Australasian pullups but I do 3 for every one requred and my squats are done holding a cinder block.

Hopefully I manage to keep this blogging thing going and help just one person make their life a little healthier.

3 comments:

  1. Yay posting more often! Also... yay cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cheese MUST be kept and red wine is a vital food group!

    .....VITAL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear those Babybel semi-soft cheeses are made with cultured crack....

    ReplyDelete