Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Herbie The Love Bug


Goodness gracious I miss the nice weather.  The above video is of the Herbie-monster having the zoomies and running all over the back yard.  The PVC pipe you see hanging from my clothesline is for Australian Pull-ups.  Also cute ball of fuzz will jump onto my back while I'm doing push-ups to make it a better workout.

Feel free to click on the "Read More" link to get the scoop on Herbie.

Now who is Herbie you maybe wondering? Herbie The Love Bug is the incredibly loving and adorable white pitbull puppy that Dom and I were "just going to puppy sit" for a while.  Of course when you have a tiny little girl who just wants to follow you everywhere.... you find you just can't bring yourself to want to give it back.
Day one with Herbie and she followed me to the bathroom and proceeded to curl up in my pants while I was doing my business. I'm very good at saying no and keeping my heart of stone and making the responsible decisions when I need to. For as cute as she was (is) I was still pretty certain that we just couldn't really manage to keep her because we wouldn't be home as much.
So as the week of keeping her went by it became easier and easier to imagine keeping her around....
Especially when
she is
just so darn
CUTE!
So that little ball of furry wrinkles managed to convince me that as long as we could train her properly we could manage to make it work, especially now that I was coming home to make myself lunch so she'd at worst never be home for more than a few hours.

After having had her for quite a few months it's pretty amusing to think that I was worried about leaving her home. Any day she ends up staying home that lazy mutt just sleeps and sleeps. Then when I get home I'll try and take her for a nice long walk, but even that doesn't manage to tire her out as well as a good game of fetch. 

And now after having her for 5 months I couldn't imagine her anywhere else!

6 comments:

  1. Dear god... there is so much cute....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herbie is gorgeous. We have two boxers who I schedule my work around so that they are never at home alone more than 5 hours. It is sad, really, considering all they do when we are not there is fall asleep on our bed.

    BTW cute pic of Herbie in the trousers, and quite disturbing at the same time!!!!


    Oh, and I have been thinking, Bryce, write about what interests you. If it really means something to you, the passion and interest is naturally conveyed in your writing, and that is picked up on by the people who will gravitate towards your blog.

    I blog for myself. When I go all drama queen over something that is just me enjoying the writing process and having the drama unfold around me. I mean, for crying out loud, the death of a purse? In reality it is so insignificant, yet I enjoyed telling the tale.

    Write about what inspires you and the readers and appreciaters will come. Write for yourself and enjoy it. Posts do not have to be long, they do not have to be groundbreaking journalism. It is just a piece of you on the WWW that make accessible to everyone who seeks our your interests.

    Oh, and post lots of pics, that is one of my great failings. I get carried away with the words and forget about the visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord, she has grown up so fast! My girlfriend Kara and I watched the video and laughed ourselves silly. She's really grown on you, hasn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daff, I took your idea and my most recent post is about the summer program that I volunteer for. It usually gets me teased by my friends that just don't understand it, but I hope I did a good job of explaining it here :)
    I didn't put any pictures in the most recent post. I'll try and add one tomorrow, maybe I'll make it my goal to have at least one picture per post.

    Rapturemusic, you got that right she has completely grown on me. I couldn't imagine not having her around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made the mistake of watching that video with the sound on. Now Cersei is all worked up and squeaking her duck toy!

    <3 Herbie. So glad you dropped the tough-guy act long enough to say yes to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL yeah, I played that video in the living room with her there once and she started flouncing and running around.

    ReplyDelete