Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What the... P90x

So I've decided that I was feeling good enough and healthy enough to do something very high intensity and hard on my body. Then seeing as I've had the P90x videos and documents for years I am finally in a place that I can use them.

This is currently the very beginning of the 3rd week for me. I have however realized that I wasn't doing the correct Day 3 exercises.... So seeing as I've been feeling like a million bucks for the past 2 full weeks of this insane regimen I've decided that I'll just re-start from week 1 and make sure I do the proper stinking days this time. I think I'll actually make sure that I fill out the worksheets this time as well. Even though I can see some serious difference in muscle definition already I really think that re-starting it will be great for me. I'm a slow learner when it comes to the proper movements so it's nice to get a "second chance" and to top it off I've gotten to use these past couple weeks as good old pre-training for stamina.

I'm still not really sure how good an idea the whole p90x thing is over all. I've been eating more than usual (no shock or surprise there) but I've been going through carbs, and the current carb of choice is ice cream. I'm also currently trying out ursolic acid in the form of holy basil extract to prevent muscle catabolism. I have no idea how I'll know if it works, especially because I'm not taking nearly the amount (on a mg/lb) ratio that the mice did but even if it works a little bit.

I really should do the full on before and after pictures that are suggested, I have one of those douchey mirror ab shots from a monthish ago and compared to one I took from a couple days ago there's a noticeable difference, small... but noticeable.

I know this isn't a terribly coherent entry, but I haven't blogged in forever and I need to just get some stupid thing out there so that I'll hopefully get into a rhythm or get more consistent, or something.

4 comments:

  1. You need to explain P90X for those of us who aren't familiar. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K short of googling P90X and educating myself (and I am in mega lazy mode right now so that aint going to happen) what is P90x?


    alright I will go look it up.

    ..and I might blog as well.

    Hey I may even take a photo.

    Man, my to-do-list is filling up too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Ok, I'll make a p90x explained post :)

    ReplyDelete